Seeking writer-performers to create original short solo works for live and virtual performances!
WHAT: Original, un-produced, Shakespeare-Inspired Solo Pieces
(e.g. A deeper dive into a lesser known character; an exploration of your unique experience--why you’ve loved/loathed Shakespeare; etc.)
- Running time: 10-30 minutes
- All genres welcome (comedic, dramatic, musical, etc.)
- Must include quotes of Shakespearean text
- Must be able to be staged with minimal props and set (chair & table)
Each writer-performer will be paired with a director who will help get the performance on its feet.
Artists whose pieces are selected for production will be paid a stipend.
NOTE: If an artist is interested in writing a solo piece but is not an actor themself, we would also consider casting an actor to take on the role should the piece be selected for production.
WHEN: Fall 2021 (September/October)
- Two weeks of rehearsals--evenings, Sunday-Friday
- Two-Four performances
(final dates and location TBD)
Pieces will also be filmed for an online festival following public performances.
Please send the following materials/information to email@example.com by April 15, 2021
Subject line: [Your last name]--solo submission
- A “cover letter” of introduction in email
- Your name
- Name of piece
- Confirm, if selected, you will make yourself available for evening rehearsals, performances, and filming
- Approximate run time (seeking pieces 10-30 minutes in length)
Attach the first few pages of your draft (no more than 10) as a PDF, following this naming format, "Last name, First name_SHOW TITLE"